Worditout

Worditout
Career Day

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool # 11b

My favorite tools are doing a digital story, Wordle, and Google docs. A particular activity that I plan for my students is that they access a Google doc I have created with the English high frequency words they must use for the week. They must copy the words and then use them in a sentence or in a story.

I have transfomed my thinking about the learning that will take place in my classroom by being psyched. If I can transfer my excitement to the children, they will be even more engaged!!

The unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised me were the many hours that it took to complete the 11 Tools and that there is so much I did not know was out there!! I know about You Tube and have used it, but I didn't know there was a teacher tube. I only used Discovery Education/United Streaming.

In the famous words of Dr. Breedlove, there are other search engines other than Google so I might as well give the not norm things a chance as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment