Worditout

Worditout
Career Day

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool # 11a

First of all, I need to restate what digital citizenship is so that I can have it stored in my memory bank and that is that it is the norms of behavior with regard to technology. What does this mean? There are rules or guidelines to follow when using technology. As I mentioned in Tool #9, I am scared for what children might find while surfing the web or what kind of people they might encounter on social networks like Myspace or Facebook.

The three things I would want to make sure my students understand about being good digital citizens is about cyber bullying, using the internet for research (be it local news, etc) and it being an educational system for literacy or any other subject.

I would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to my students as showing them that you wouldn't want a stranger walking through your front door, right? Well, taking certain safety measures on the internet will prohibit bad people contacting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment